Monday, July 8, 2013

Beauty Through The Decades: 40s!



It's Monday! Are you ready for today's Beauty Through The Decades post?! Today's look is from the 1940's featuring Siri from Scribbled with liner as the guest blogger! Make sure to stop by her blog, have a look around and say hi! I was excited for the 40's look because finally a decade where my eyebrows aren't an issue! They did not need to be pencil thin for this look.
 Let's start off with Siri's look. 


Doesn't she just look lovely?! 

Here is a list of products she used to achieve this look.
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadows: Foxy, Walk Of Shame, Naked2, Tease
  • 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero
  • 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion
  • Naked Skin Foundation
  • Ardell Sweeties Lashes
  • Clarins Minute Eclat Brush-on Perfector
  • The Balm Balmbinis Palette/ Downboy, Hot Mama
  • Makeup Store Lipliner in Burlesque and Lipstick in Pout
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
  • Guerlain Cils d'Enfer Mascara in Noir
May I just add that her hair is adorable! My hair was not liking the 40's style!

For a full tutorial click here to head on over to Siri's post.


My look

For my 40's hair I tried to do the bold side bang they had going on but like I said my hair just wasn't digging 40's style because it did not want to corporate at all! For this look I wanted to keep it super natural with the shadow and really let the brows, lashes and lips have the spotlight. I just used a light tan color on my lids. I did not define the crease with any colors. Just a swipe of eye shadow and that was all. I used a liquid liner to create a winged looked. I filled in my brows the way I normally would with my e.l.f. eyebrow kit. Of course for my lashes I packed on my Wet N Wild Megalength mascara. I naturally have pretty long lashes so I used multiple coats just to exaggerate them.


I used a bright pink blush by L.A. Colors in blushing pink. For my lips I used a red lip liner all over then I added one coat of Revlon's Colorburst lipstick in Coral on top. For some reason my lipstick looks a little pink in the first picture. 

Don't forget to head on over to Siri's blog Scribbled with liner and check out her 40's post!

Next Monday I'll be rocking a 50's look with another lovely blogger! Stay tuned!

Til next post!

11 comments:

  1. I think your series is turning out great! :D Lovely girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your looks! Great job girls :) I love the way red lips look on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I love red lips but I always an unsure of how it looks on me, glad to know you like it!

      Delete
  3. You both looks amazing! I look forward to this post every week :) I will have to go check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you tori!
      Glad to know you look forward to them, definitely check out her blog! Can't wait for our post:)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for letting me on. And don't worry about wearing red lippie in daytime even, if you feel like, because you look great in that shade. Really looking forward to the 50s;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank you for participating! You look great and I loved your hair!! Thank you! I think I'm just unsure because I've never written red lipstick so it's something to get used to!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous post! You both look absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Oooh does this mean I'm up next week??!! I love love love this series, it is genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes that means you are up next week!! I can't wait :)

      Awe thank you! I am definitely having a lot of fun doing different looks and being able to work with some awesome bloggers, like yourself!

      Delete
  6. Hey ally :D I'd be glad to be ur guest for the 70s look, so if you agree make sure to contact me so I would know :*

    ReplyDelete